One group that does sometimes touch upon this very lightly is Politico. Note this article ==> LINK. The article first notes that Obama has pledged as late as his inauguration in 2013 to end “a decade or war.” But they note that the number of conflicts in which Obama has involved us has actually increased. Right now, according to the article, the US take “lethal action” in at least five countries and has deployed US troops in three active conflict zones, including involving us in two Arab civil wars.
So much for peaceful Barry O.
Anyways, here are the conflicts the Politico article mentions, and the problems they are hearing from government insiders:
● Ukraine: In the Ukraine, the Russians are apparently planning another offensive and Team Obama wants to send anti-tank missiles. There is a worry that the Russians will consider this provocative.
● Yemen: In Yemen, Obama has supported Saudi bombing against the rebels as a means of preventing Iran from gaining control over the country. He has just recently sent naval vessels to the area to stop the Iranians from sending military supplies to the rebels as well. There is serious concern this will lead to a direct confrontation with Iran.
● Iraq: In Iraq, Obama has been bombing ISIS troops near Mosul and is apparently planning to send special forces to help pick targets in the next offensive planned for later in the year.
● Afghanistan: Obama has basically stopped the withdrawal from Afghanistan and given the troops expanded authority to conduct combat operations against the Taliban.
● “The Middle East and North Africa”: The article then lumps the fight against al Qaeda into one giant fight involving “the Middle East and North Africa.” Of course, there’s more to it than that... a lot more.
The left tries to dismiss this by blaming Bush. Indeed, intellectual whore Brian Katulis of the Center for American Progress, which lies to support leftist causes, basically blames Bush and then says that Obama has done an “admirable job of managing the costs” of these actions. How about solving them rather than just managing their costs, Brian? I can manage the costs of a house fire by sitting on my ass, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good solution.
Interestingly, part of dirty Brian’s criteria for why Obama is doing so well is that the nation isn’t as divided as it was under Bush. Really? So if I throw a tantrum at your guy, but I hypocritically don’t throw the same tantrum against my own guy, then I can say that’s evidence that my guy is better? Wow, that’s intellectually dishonest... or stupid.
Anyway, speaking of leftist tantrums, note that you hear NOTHING about landmines... drone strikes... human rights at Gitmo... illegal wars... disproportionate use of force... rotten allies... fighting for oil... etc. Not a single leftist grievance made against Bush, each of which applies equally or greater to Obama, gets voiced anymore. Why? Because the left doesn’t believe this crap, they just use it as a weapon, just like they don’t care about the homeless, the spread of AIDS or income inequality when the left is in charge.
And lo, for he waseth elected and all the bad shit suddenly left the newscycle. -- Liberalus 4:20
Oh, and did you notice that troops no longer come home with PTSD, they aren’t suicidal (at a rate lower than the civilian population), they aren’t losing their jobs, the ranks are no longer filled with poor black kids dying for rich white Americans, their commanders suddenly care about them again and they aren’t being sent into the field under-equipped. It's a military miracle!
As an aside, here are some of the things Politico skipped, problems Obama is letting fester:
● Syria: Obama has been a little bit pregnant in this one, sometimes choosing to help terrorists against murderous dictators and sometimes declaring an avoidance on both their houses without really bothering to try to solve the crisis.
● Libya: Under Obama’s watch, Libya has imploded unchecked into a terrorist nest.
● Africa in toto: After emerging from millennia of darkness, Africa looked like it was trying to enter the modern world. Then Islam did its thing and now Africa is a basket case of religious killings and terrorist/rebel movements. US troops are involved in several countries, but not enough to solve any of the problems... just enough to supply weapons and act as targets.
● China: The Far East is having a serious problem and its name is China. China has been expanding its military, saber rattling, and doing things like occupying disputed islands. They just built a military base on one. They are slowly destabilizing the entire region to the point that dickless Japan is thinking about building a nuclear arsenal and an offensive military. Oy. Obama claims the US will stand up to China, but he’s ignored the problem.
● North Korea: SSDD.
● Honduras: Ha ha ha! We are almost at the six year mark since Obama declared the coup illegal and swore to bitchslap them... and they are still holding out.
Besides these, you have other problems like Mexico’s narco war and pending collapse, the continued teetering of Greece, the surge of immigration from Craplandia to various First World places, rebel movements all over the world, massive Islamic terrorism, etc. There are also future problems coming: (1) demographic bombs in India and China, (2) Chinese control over parts of Africa, (3) the Iranian bomb, (4) when Putin hits menopause, just to name a few.
Reagan once asked, “Are you better off today than you were four years ago?” If we ask this about Obama, the answer is that the world has gotten less safe every single year he’s been in power.